Thursday, February 4, 2010

Zachary's gifts




Well baby shower was on Saturday Jan.30 and my daughter Stacey opened her webcam and I was there to see her open my gifts for Zachary....It was so much fun seeing her opening my gifts up, there was also a very special gift there for her that my mom had made for Stacey when she was born in 1973. I washed and dryed it holding my breath praying that nothing would go wrong with this blanket that had been in my trunk for so long waiting for this very day to be able to pass it on to my daughter for her child and the time had come. I added a label to it and waited with baited breath to see when she opened it and her reaction. She knew what it was but was unsure, I told her to read the label and then it hit her and everyone, tears came and so did mine and naturally Mom from the heavens must've shed a tear or two to see how long her blanket had survived and now it was being handed down to the next generation....Thank you Mami.
Well as you well guessed it CUPCAKE was the theme and everyone was asked to bring cupcakes to the shower, made or bought was fine. I was requested to crochet cupcakes, they gave those away as shower favors....they must've had just a great time. Mari also bought some onesies and fabric paints and had everyone draw and put a saying on their onesie for Zachary, Grandma Kosterman really created a beautiful onesie for Zachary, as you noticed she copied her picture from the cupcake on the table which I think she bought, not sure about that but how beautiful it came out. From what I saw on the webcam and on the pictures they had a wonderful time celebrating Zachary's birth.


video

No comments: